Table of Contents
Setup WordPress on localhost:
In this blog, I will guide you on how to set up WordPress on your local server, xamp. follow the steps to install WordPress.
Download and install the Xamp environment, for Windows, on your Computer.
When you install it completely, run it. It will show the interface like this.
Click on the start buttons shown above in the control panel of the xamp. When they will start, type localhost on the Chrome browser to access the dashboard.
After getting into the dashboard create a database from phpMyAdmin.
It opens the interface like this. Click on the New button to create a database. Name the database and hold it for later use.
Download the WordPress on your computer.
After downloading it, extract it in the htdocs folder of xamp.
After completing all these steps. Go to the Chrome browser and type localhost/[your-project-name] like localhost/WordPress. It will open the language selection list and you will see that English is the default selected. You will continue the steps forward.
You will give the database name and username as root, and click on the continue button to proceed. After that interface, You have to fill in the fields of the Site Title, Username, password, and email address, and then continue. You will run the installation process and at last, WordPress is installed on your computer.
To get the simple steps to install WordPress:
- Step 1: First of all, get installed the localhost server, xamp on your PC
- Step 2: Download WordPress on your computer.
- Step 3: Put your downloaded WordPress zip file in htdocs folder in xamp and extract it.
- Step 4: After extracting, go to the Chrome browser and type localhost.
- Step 5: Make a database first, then type localhost and project name (WordPress), then continue the next steps
To install the localhost server on your computer, visit this blog for guidance.